VACUSEAL WOOD Stabilizing Resin is a premium grade, heat cured resin used for stabilizing and hardening wood and all other porous materials.
- VACUSEAL WOOD resin;
- vacuum chamber, intended for stabilizing wood,
- vaccum pump,
- small oven, (WARNING Do not use an oven that will be used to prepare food)
- aluminium foil; wood with humidity of 5% and less;
- safety glasses, protective gloves;
Pieces of wood intended for stabilization should be dry and clean. Ideally their humidity should not exceed 5%.
WARNING! After heating in the oven, leave your items to cool to room temperature in an air tight container. This is necessary because a very dried, hot piece of wood will start to colect moisture form the air as soon as it starts to cool down. Do not stabilize hot pieces of wood, because it will cause premature polymerization.
1. Prepare your pieces of wood.
2. Place the pieces in the vacuum chamber and weigh them down.
3. Add VACUSEAL WOOD so that your pieces of wood are completely covered with resin (at least 25 mm)
4. Switch the intake air valve to the OFF position (perpendicular to the valve). Switch the exhaust air valve to the ON position (parallel to the valve).
5. Turn on the vacuum pump and keep it until there no air bubbles or a small amount.
6. Release the vacuum and leave the pieces of wood immersed twice as long as they have been under vacuum.
7. Remove the pieces and wrap them in alu foil and cure at 90°C, depending on the size of the wood pieces, this process takes 60-90 minutes.
8. After removing from the oven, unwrap the foil and let it cool down at room temperature .
9. Remove all the unused resin from the chamber and pour it into a separate container and store in an enclosed container in a dark and cool place (preferably refrigerated).
10. Wash the chamber with soap and water.
11. VACUSEAL can be dyed with KOLORO P dyes.